Friday, March 28, 2008

Zach called!

All is well, and they're having a wonderful time! Aside from the phone complications (none in the Bedouin tent and the system was down in the first hotel), everything has been great.

He absolutely loved Petra. And, yes, he did some climbing while he was there. Not on any of the important places and not on any rock faces. Actually, he said it was more like "scrambling" with hands and feet. Either way, he is having the time of his life!

He said that everything has been amazing so far. On the first night, he opted to take his sleeping bag outside of the tent and sleep under the stars. While at Petra he climbed just shy of the very highest point. He said he could see ruins all around. Tomorrow they're going to the Dead Sea. Beyond that I have no idea what's in store for him. All I know is that he's gung-ho and loving every minute!

Thanks so much for all your prayers!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm so glad you heard from your hubby. And I'm also glad that you started blogging. Otherwise, what would you be doing with your time while Zach's gone???

Love, Mom

PS I'm glad for my sake, too, that you're blogging. I love to read what's going on in your head and in your life...and certainly what silliness my boys are up to!