Friday, March 28, 2008

A Text from the Holy Land

No, not some ancient scroll. A text. I got a text message from the Holy Land last night! It was 8am their time, but at midnight last night I finally heard from Zach. Essentially, "I love you. Sorry I haven't called. No one has been able to. I miss you. I can't wait to talk."

I'm not sure why no one has been able to call. Or why he was able to text but not call. Hmm. He'll have some explaining to do when he finally does call!

I knew they had arrived safely. One of the travelers started a message board, of sorts, before leaving. Yesterday she said that they were there and already having a great time. They'd slept in a Bedouin tent (she said it turned out to be more like a large hut), been for a ride on camels and had seen the Dead Sea. The next day (I've completely lost track of which day they're in and when they're doing what) they were on their way to see Petra and Jordan. Zach has REALLY been eager to see Petra, so I know he's going to have a great time. If you are unfamiliar with Petra, you'll have to look online. It's considered one of the new Seven Wonders of the World. Great, huge walls of stone with elaborate entrances to a temple carved right in to the rock face. All I know is he'd better not start climbing the walls! I wonder if he'll be tempted?

I'll let you know when I hear more.

1 comment:

Chris and Jane said...

Petra is the place on Indiana Jones, right? I've always wanted to go there too. It's bizarre. A city carved out of stone.