Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Solicitation for Ideas...


For the last several months, I've really wanted to get a website going to advertise my doula services. Specifically, though, I want it to be a tool for outreach. I've been working on a book that will, someday, be a key component to my ministry. It is my prayer that this book will be an "eye-opening introduction to what God has to say about conception, pregnancy and childbirth and an instruction manual for how to take these promises and let them take root in your heart - allowing you to experience these profound events just as God intended them to be - full of life, joy and triumph."

This is my passion and my calling. And I know that it's time for me to get off my **** (rear) and get this ball rolling. When I finished my doula training, the instructor had a little graduation ceremony of sorts, really just for fun. When she handed me my certificate, she whispered, "Now, get out there and do it." Hmm. It's amazing how God speaks sometimes. Even then, He knew that my "busy-ness" would be the biggest obstacle to getting this ministry going.

So...I feel like getting a website established would be a great step in the right direction. The problem? What the heck should I call it? Playing the domain game is no fun, because everything good is already taken! My favorite so far has been divinedelivery.com. But, it's taken. I'd prefer to have a .com rather than any of the others (.net, .info, etc.). I'd also like it if the name has something to do with my specific ministry - God's role in childbirth.

Am I too picky? Probably. That's most likely why I haven't been able to come up with anything so far. If you have any ideas, though, I'd love to hear them. Thanks for your help!

1 comment:

Chris and Jane said...

Well, I don't have any ideas for a domain name, but Chris loved the henna tattoo. It is cute.