Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A few hours down...

...only about 275 to go. Ugh! Perhaps it's too soon to start counting the hours until Zach comes home. Did I really agree to this? Stop the plane. I want my husband to get off.

His plane left Albuquerque at 8 o'clock this morning. From here he goes to Atlanta, then New York and then all the way to Tel Aviv...Israel!!! I'm praying that this trip continues to be the complete and total blessing that it has been from the beginning.

Please keep him in prayer while he's gone. Pray for his protection and safety from any sort of harm. And, if you think of it, please say a prayer for the boys and I, too. Zach and I have never been apart for more than 3 or 4 days. So, this 12 day trip feels like an eternity. I have a particularly hard time sleeping when he's gone. I'm thinking I may steal one of Caleb's teddy bears to snuggle with. Hopefully that should help usher in peaceful sleep and help keep the blues at bay!

And, in the mean time, thank God that Caleb is here to cheer me up. We spent a little while this morning having fun with the computer camera. He thinks it's hilarious. And, come to think of it, it really is:


Thank you, Jesus, for safe flights and for silly faces.

1 comment:

Chris and Jane said...

I hate being away from Chris, so I understand! Two weeks is a long time. Let us know if there is anything we can do to make the time pass more quickly! I guess we can't get our nose pierced again though! What would your dad think of a tongue ring? Just kidding! Ouch!