Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Mother's Nature

Guess what, guess what?!? Baby Owen slept through the night last night. Yippie!!! I laid him down at 8:30 and didn't hear another peep until 7:45 this morning. Now, of course, the goal has to get mommy to sleep through the night. At 3:00 this morning, I woke up and thought, "Hmm. He hasn't woken up yet. That's odd." But I was able to conk back out. But then at 6:30, I woke up again because he still hadn't made a sound and my thoughts instantly turned to, "Dear God, please, please, pleeeease let my baby be okay." It happens every time you're wanting a baby to sleep through the night, or even to fall asleep, for that matter. You pray and pray for them to sleep and then suddenly everything is quiet. Then you can't help but pray and pray that they make just the tiniest noise so that you can know they are okay. I laid in bed for a while at 6:30, but it wasn't long before I had to turn the furnace on for some "cover noise" and go peek. He was laying on his side, as comfy as could be, in his little sleeping bag and I could hear him sucking on his pacifier very contentedly. Thank you, Jesus! Now, like I said, the goal will be for me to sleep through the night again! Thank God it's close...I figure it's been about a year since I've had a solid, uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep.

He is so worth it, though. Here's a pic of my little party animal from his Uncle Dave's Birthday dinner on Monday night:


And what is big brother Caleb up to this morning? He is continuing in his never-ending pursuit to entertain. I wish I had the camera (Zach took it with him) so that I could take a picture of his outfit this morning. He's been dressing himself and lately he's taken to layering his clothes. So what did he choose for today? He's got a t-shirt with a long sleeved shirt on top. His snow suit. His snow jacket. And his snow boots. Once he topped it off with his backpack and his Uncle Dave's paint ball mask, the look was complete. He looks like the Michelin Man...quite round. I told him that his snow clothes were for, well, when there's snow outside. Boy, was I wrong. I got "the look" and he said, "No, Mom. This is my motorcycle riding suit." Oh...

No comments: