Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What a trip!

So, we ventured to the grocery store today. It turned out to be quite the trip. In honor of Valentine's Day, they had a chocolate fountain set up in the produce department. They'd set out huge, yummy strawberries and everyone was allowed to take one. I gave one to Caleb, because I knew he'd love it. He did...and he had the chocolate on his face to prove it.

I had one, too, and it was really yummy! (What a refreshing surprise...it's not every day that you get to eat a free chocolate-dipped strawberry while perusing the produce!)

The people were extra friendly today, too. Seems like everyone was stopping to say a smiling "hello". I couldn't help but think that I must look extra good today. I didn't do much with my hair, but maybe it was working for me. Not so fast, Ego. Turns out I had a glob of chocolate on my lip. It matched quite nicely with the glob that I had on my chin. Hmm. My humble pie definitely didn't taste as good as the chocolate covered strawberry, but I suppose it was still worth it.

(By the way, I didn't discover the mess until I was at home, putting Caleb down for his nap. So, thank you to the approximately 30 to 40 people that I came into contact with in the grocery store that chose not to mention my messy face!)

And one more thing of note. While we were doing our shopping, I discovered that Owen's got quite the taste for...grocery lists! The scan shows the holes and nibbles, but it doesn't quite capture the sogginess. Oh, boy!

1 comment:

Chris and Jane said...

Oh no! How embarrassing! Guess you made other people's day, though...that has to count for something. : )