Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day, my sweet Zachary!

I love you so very much, Zach, that I'd love to declare my devotion from the rooftop. I'm not exactly sure how I'd get up there, though. And if I did make it up there, my oh-so-graceful nature that you've become so enamored with would probably lead me right off the edge and into a body cast. So, this is probably the best bet all the way around...a much safer alternative, for sure.

Eleven years ago you asked me to be your date for the prom. I said yes. A week later you asked if I'd go out with you. I said yes. Giving my life to Jesus is the absolute best decision I've ever made. The decision to spend my life with you is a very close second.

I can't imagine my life without you. I don't want to. I refuse to. The overwhelming theme of our relationship has become, "Dear God, how good can this possibly get?" I love to look back and see who and where we were and marvel at what we've become. In just 11 short years, our relationship has evolved, expanded and improved in so many ways. I can't even fathom what it will be like after 40 or 50 more. Although I do know that I can't wait to hold your wrinkly hand in mine.

Every day with you, Zach, is a treasure. Every year is a blessing. I love being your wife. I am honored to be your best friend. I am excited to be the mother of your two beautiful boys.

I love my life with you, Zach. Thank you for being my forever Valentine.

Love,
your Sarah

P.S. Speaking of your boys, Caleb's breathing sounded kinda funny this morning, so I asked him if his nose was a little stuffy. "No," he said. "It's just a little sad."

No comments: