Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Bedtime Conversation with my Caleb

I was just about to get ready for bed last night when I heard Caleb calling for me. I went in and he was sitting on his bed waiting. The CD that plays while he falls asleep (they're not lullabies, mind you, they're "rockabies") had ended, and he wanted me to restart it. This is how the conversation went:

"Momma, would you start my rockabies?"

I couldn't resist flopping on his bed and hugging him first. In the middle of a nice cuddle, I told him, "Sure, Babe. I'll start them for you."

"Momma, did you just call me a baby?"

"No, Sweetie. I called you 'Babe'. Remember, like I call Daddy 'Babe' sometimes? It means that I think you are super cute."

"Oh, yeah. You're right."

Ah, my cute little boy and the things he says. They never fail to make me smile!

No comments: