Friday, April 18, 2008

A Girl's Gotta Do...

Right now I should be doing bookwork, but it can wait for five minutes. Sometimes when a blog topic presents itself you have to put everything on hold and strike while the iron is hot. After all, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. And, right now, what I've got to do is embarrass the heck out of my brother.

Hmm. Embarrass. I never realized exactly how close that word is to sounding like two other words...bare ass. Pardon my French, but as with most things colorful (or should I say off-color) in my life, it's Dave's fault. He stopped by this afternoon to watch the guys for me while I ran a few errands. He told me he had to be at work by 3pm, so I was back in plenty of time. I figured that, as usual, he'd have to stop by his house on his way to grab his uniform. It was getting closer and closer to 3 o'clock and he still hadn't made a move for the door, so I asked, "Don't you have to stop by your house?" "No," he said. "I've got my uniform in my car." Okay. (Although he was still cutting it insanely close.)

He finally headed out the door. A minute later I noticed the mailman drive by, so Owen and I went out to see if there were any surprises waiting in our mailbox. We didn't have to go far, though, before we got a heck of a surprise...Uncle Dave standing in the middle of our driveway...in his undies! Aagh! He was changing into his work uniform right out in the open! To his credit, he blushed a little. But, he did admit to changing in public places more than once...in a UNM parking lot, at the Monte Vista Fire Station parking lot, etc. "All the way down to your undies!?!", I had to ask. "Well", he shrugged, "that's what you do when you change your pants."

I have to admit, I was glad to hear that he does it in more places than just my driveway. At UNM, I could see that he could possibly snag a girl. At the Fire Station, he could possibly score a free meal. At my house, though, the best he'd probably do is thrill an elderly, widow neighbor!

Again, aagh...DAVE! He is too much.

4 comments:

Anna Wallin said...

Oh my, how we love Uncle Dave. I must say, I am personally thrilled that you took the time to embarass Dave on your blog. Although he apparently is quite responsible for doing that on his own - you simply broadcast it for millions of people to read. It isn't like you made him change in your driveway, he did it himself. Someone should really invent places that one could use to change behind closed doors at another person's house - say, maybe use the bathroom at your sister's house to change instead of the driveway??? I love Dave!!

Anonymous said...

Good thing the police department wasn't cruising by. They might have called it indecent exposure!

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. I'm glad my wife wasn't there with her camera!

Dave said...

Haha, the joke is on you guys!! I really dont get all that embarressed about stuff like that. I am glad that it makes you laugh.