Monday, April 14, 2008

What he wouldn't do...

After Squirt relocated to the porcelain bowl, Zach asked if we should go to the pet store and buy the "other" fish for Caleb. I opted no. I wanted to wait until Caleb actually asked. No sense in getting another fish if he's not going to be interested.

After this morning, however, I'm wondering if he wasn't so impressed with his brief stint as a proud fish-owner. He has resumed talk of getting a "pup", as he calls them.

In answer to his "Why not" question that I get so often these days, I again tried to explain that it might not be safe while we have a baby in the house. "Oh, okay," he said, with a surprising level of acceptance. But, I should have known better. His solution? "Maybe we can get a pup after we sell Owen."

Aagh!

1 comment:

Anna Wallin said...

Well, I am sure Uncie Justin would gladly buy Owen for a very nice price if you are interested. It is very generous of Caleb to offer up his little brother for sale! Don't kids come up with the most interesting things! How many times do you think Dave tried to sell us when we were kids?