Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Lost 5 Pounds Today.

How in the world, you might ask, did I accomplish such a feat? (Especially while pregnant?)

I cleaned out my purse.

Yep. I'm embarrassed to say, but it really was that bad. A task that had become long overdue.

What got tossed?

  • 2 Dum Dum suckers
  • a huge stack of receipts, already recorded and totally unnecessary
  • several old grocery lists
  • a fig newton (still in the wrapper, thank God) that was smashed beyond recognition
  • an empty tea tin that I don't want to get rid of - it's pink and it's the kind that pops open when you push on the center!
  • 2 of my cocktail rings that must have gotten in the way so I pulled them off
  • a half-eaten granola bar, thank you Owen (still in it's wrapper, too - whew!)
  • an empty package of gum
  • Caleb's half-eaten package of animal crackers from Sunday School
  • my envelope of ultrasound pictures (Oh, beautiful fig!)
  • parts that broke off of Caleb's scooter - these have, honest to goodness, been riding around in there since mid-July. I had no intention of putting them back on. They're completely unnecessary parts, but apparently I felt they were important enough to lug them around on my shoulder for 3 months.
  • May's cat collar that's too big and keeps slipping off. Hey! I figure if it's in my purse at least it's not getting lost somewhere in the house where it'd be really hard to find!
Last and worst of all...
  • a really embarrassing amount of dry cat food that was rattling around in the bottom of every pocket - the result of a feed-the-cat-on-the-way-out-the-door disaster of cat food flying through the laundry room. Ugh.
Like I said, this was definitely overdue. Next, I guess, it's my car. I don't think I'll tell you what I find in there, though. I'm horrified to think of the discoveries that await me. All I will say, though, is that I'm sure the things I find in there (like the things in my purse) are mostly not my fault. Boys...ick.

4 comments:

Chris and Jane said...

It is so embarrassing what you will find smashed and stashed in a purse, isn't it? I bet I could lose 5 pounds too. And, I'm with you on the car. I always wondered why people with kids have such dirty cars. Now I know. Chris would say my car was like that before Haven, but that's because I lugged the dogs around.
Anyway, congrats on the pounds lost.
You could have kept the cat food in there to feed a little homeless kitty. : ) Or at least, that's what you could have told people you were doing.

Anna said...

I agree with Jane, you never know when you might need to feed a cat on the go, or two small boys. They wouldn't know any better, just call them special crackers. :)

Sarah Taylor said...

Oh, believe me. There wouldn't have to be any disguising for Owen. He'd be super excited if I allowed him to eat cat food. And probably it really shouldn't be that big of a deal if he takes the occasional piece of two. It's probably not all that bad for him. The problem I have is when he starts drinking her water. Ewww.

Anonymous said...

Moncler Jackets bright spot for the whole increase in the black dress.Belstaff Jackets Braids swing with the ups and downs, North Face Jackets so that the back of the halter more spectacle. Cheap Ugg Boots Just think, if Shu Qi with the flow,Asics Running Shoes loose hair,GHD Hair Straighteners must be blocked halter style,