Thursday, August 26, 2010

Can you feel it?


Did you feel the change? Did you?!?

I know the official first day of fall, according to the calendar, is still several weeks away. But, according to my expert opinion, the first day was earlier this week - on Tuesday.

Several years ago, I became aware of the shift in the weather that occurs as summer releases its hold and fall is allowed to creep in - and I've been able to observe it every year since. The wind blows the strongest during the spring, but it blows a little in the fall, as well. We were enjoying hot, still summer days until Tuesday. Out of the blue, it was crazy windy. Did you notice? And now, if you are still, you can feel that there's a decided change in the air. It's crisp. There's a sharpness that wasn't there before. You can especially feel it in the mornings and evenings, when the heat of the day is not quite so intense.

Aagh...fall! It's my favorite time of year. I'm praying this year it'll be a few weeks longer than normal, because it's always over far too soon.

Fae...do you think Starbucks would go ahead and make a few pumpkin spice lattes for us just a few weeks early, or will we have to wait?

5 comments:

Roma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roma said...

The image of those gorgeous leaves enticed me into reading your blog, and i'm glad it did!
I really love your writing, you describe things in a unique way which i really like. I absolutly love this change in weather too, the crunchy leaves and rich colours- it's beautiful!

p.s You write so effortlessly and professionally ,i was wondering if you could spare the time to have a quick peek at my blog that i've just set up and comment on what you think. If you love it/detest it, please just say- I value your opinion! Thanks alot :) !

caitria said...

"stumbled" upon your blog! i def felt the seasons change, and here is a secret about starbucks, they ALWAYS have the ingredients for all their "holiday" drinks, they just only advertise them during the right parts of the year. :]

Unknown said...

Hey there stumbled on ur blog...read a few posts....fantastic blog....:)

led lights said...

Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!