Thursday, May 14, 2009

Where did it go?

Can someone please help me? I've lost something, and can't even imagine where it might have gone...

Where? Oh where, has the time gone?

Today is the last day of Caleb's first year in school. Okay, so it was only preschool, but still. That part doesn't worry me. The part that takes my breath away is how fast it went. If every year goes as quickly as this one did, he'll be graduating from high school before I can even turn around.

Here's a picture of my little Caleb in August, on his first day of school:

And here's my little rock star now:


Note: In case you're concerned, he doesn't normally sport blue hair and tattoos. Although, maybe you should be, because, given the opportunity, he'd jump at the chance.

His preschool put on an end of the year rock performance a few weeks ago and my guy was definitely in his element. He didn't actually sing along to any of the songs. But, you'd better believe that his leg was bouncing, keeping time, and he was strumming his inflatable guitar through the whole show. (When he wasn't turned around backwards talking to his friends, that is, or blowing kisses to his mommy from the stage.) Aagh, my Caleb. I love him.

And, if that change and growth doesn't knock your socks off, check out "Tank", as Uncle Dave ("Un Da", in Owen-speak) has taken to calling him:

A year ago he was drooly and just learning to stand.

Baby, just look at you now. He's running, playing, talking. He's got dirt smeared on his face and he wishes with all his might that he was one of the big boys already. Before I know it, he will be.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

While you are caught up in the day-in, day-out drudgery of mommy duties, Sweetie, time is flying. Treasure every minute with your precious boys. Take lots of pictures and write down the special moments. (I wish I had, even though I know it is so hard to find the time.)

Before you know it, they will be grown and living life on their own. It's not always easy, but it's as it should be. Then you can look back and remember. And all the memories will be so sweet!

Much love,
Mom

Chris and Jane said...

I can't believe how fast it goes by! Somehow it isn't fair, is it? Those are some pretty cute boys...but, Haven better not think so for a long time!

Uncle Jerry said...

Good pictures of the boys, but Caleb's blue hair didn't show up too well, at least on my computer screen. How about flourescent orange or a real hot pink dye job next time?