Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Happy Birthday Baby!



The boys (all three...Zach, Caleb and Owen) were finally healthy enough this weekend that we could celebrate Owen's first birthday. Only a week and a half late. Oh well. He doesn't really know the difference, I suppose. Since he's so impossible to resist, he's already had ice cream several times throughout the last year. Cake, though, is a different story. We held out so that his first cake would come on his birthday. And let me tell you, the boy's reaction definitely didn't disappoint. He shoveled fistful after fistful into his mouth. If his mouth was already full, he settled for smearing it as near his mouth as possible. He, in true "dozer" (his nickname) style, just couldn't and wouldn't slow down.

I just discovered that the naked-baby-covered-in-chocolate-cake pictures are on someone else's memory card. So, unfortunately, for now you'll have to settle with the video of his birthday song serenade and his first lurches toward the cake. I'll get those pictures up ASAP. In the mean time, here's a picture of him doing his favorite new passtime...emptying Mommy's kitchen cupboards. Ah, what a busy baby! Okay. Nevermind. That one will have to wait, too. For some reason it's just not loading. Aagh! Technology. I've had enough...I'm going to bed!

2 comments:

Bryan said...

...'dozer' I love that!

did you know that dozer is the name of one of the guys in the Matrix that was 'born in Zion'?

you hate technology, and I am a nerd

Bryan

Sarah Taylor said...

Yep. Dozer, or Dozie-O. Either way, his bulldozer tendencies are undeniable. He always plows over or through anything in his path rather than going around. It's quite fun to watch.

I didn't know about the Matrix character, that's cool!

And, as far as nerds go, I'm pretty fond of them. I married one, remember? So, I actually have a pretty keen appreciation for all things technological. I'm just not quite savvy enough sometimes to get them to cooperate. I'm not a fan of anything that won't play nice.