Monday, August 18, 2008

This little piggy...

...is broken!

It fought the door frame, and (obviously) the door frame won!

Not thirty minutes after we got home from our vacation, I had to chase Owen into the bathroom because he was making a bee-line for the toilet. I was busy watching him rather than discerning whether or not I was going to clear the door and...smash! There went the toe! The funny thing is, it didn't hurt as bad as other times I've done that. This is definitely the most magnificent bruise I've had, though. And, you should see it in person. The pictures really don't do it justice.




































Why is it that all my most spectacular injuries result from moments of complete stupidity and clumsiness rather than moments when I actually do something adventurous and daring? I guess it makes sense. After all, the ratio of times I am clumsy to when I am adventurous is probably about 400:1. Shucks! Oh well, sigh....

1 comment:

Chris and Jane said...

Ouch! That looks incredibly painful. At least you didn't do it kicking the kitchen door in anger like someone I know...
Your other 9 toes look beautiful, though...nice pedi.