Thursday, May 6, 2010

Anna = Nurse

nurse
[nurs] noun, verbnursed

As a noun...

1. a person formally educated and trained in the care of the sick or infirm.
2. any fostering agency or influence.

Yes, Anna is a nurse, but, at the same time, she's so much more. It's not just what she IS, it's what she DOES.

As a verb
...

1. to tend or minister to in sickness, infirmity, etc.
2. to try to cure by taking care.
3. to look after carefully so as to promote development; foster; cherish.

But even yet, it's so much more. It goes farther, still. It's not even who she is or what she does. It's HOW she does it.

She tends to others, consistently and tirelessly putting them and their needs before her own.

She ministers to souls. Ushering them through life's most significant and memorable events - be they ones of immeasurable joy or profound sorrow.

She anticipates. She empathizes. She pours herself out. She prays.

I pray that you, Dear Anna, have at least some small idea of how far your touch of love, compassion and healing has reached. It is breathtaking.

I love you, Sister. Happy Nurses' Day!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Pass the tissues, please. How blessed am I that I get to call both you and Anna "Daughter"!

With lots of love,
Mom

Anna Wallin said...

I second that, I'll take a tissue or two. I am so blessed to be able to do what I love, and get paid for it too! I cannot imagine doing anything other than what I do, and I am so honored to be a part of people's most intimate and vulnerable moments. Thank you so much for your post, it blesses me to tears (literally)!

Chris and Jane said...

She is an exceptional nurse and sister and friend. We are very thankful for Anna.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mountainmujer said...

What a beautiful posting Sarah!

Yes Anna, you are so amazing and I'm so grateful to work with you!! :)