Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Puzzle


If I were a puzzle piece, I'd want to be the one that gets to snuggle right up next to you. Actually, that's the only way I'd have it. I insist. Because, you're the one for me.

If life was a puzzle (which oftentimes it is), I'd want to work it out with you. If I've learned anything over the last 9 years, it's been that life with you, whether in good times or bad, really is something to treasure. There's no one else I'd rather have by my side as we maneuver our way through the maze. (Plus your survival savvy and always-turn-right logic are sure to get us through any sticky situation. But, even if we get lost for a while, I have also learned that there's no one better to have an adventure with, than you.)

If you were a puzzle...wait a minute. You are a puzzle. Not so much in the manner of:

1. a toy, problem, or other contrivance designed to amuse by presenting difficulties to be solved by ingenuity or patient effort.

But, sort of. You definitely amuse. You can be difficult and you have certainly required some patient effort. (And so have I.) But, look at what an incredible result has come of that patient effort, on both our parts. And, I know the best is still yet to come. I am SO excited about growing old with you. Bring on the wrinkles and gray hair, as long as you're with me and getting them, too. I look forward to the future - our future. It's so very bright. Thank you for being my shining light.

Happy Anniversary, my dear Zach. I love you!

2 comments:

Uncle Jerry said...

Happy Anniversary Sarah and Zach!! It's been nine years already?? Don't be in a hurry to bring on the wrinkles and grey hair, they will get here soon enough.

Chris and Jane said...

happy anniversary, guys!