Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oh, Boy(s)!


Last night, Caleb asked for a corn dog for dinner. Ordinarily, he'd eat two, but his appetite has been a little sketchy lately so I only made him one. On the way back from the freezer, though, I decided I should make one for Owen, too. He's only had hot dog once, but he loved it. I figured the corn dog would probably go over pretty well. Once it was warmed, I started to take a bite, because that's what mommies do best. He didn't need the whole thing, so far better for me to squelch the craving for corn dog with one bite rather than two or three whole ones! But, I caught myself. I decided it'd be far more fun to cut the whole thing up for Owen and see how he did. The little piggy ate the whole thing!!! Mind you, that was following about a 5 or 6 ounce bottle of whole milk. Plus, he washed it all down with a sizeable bowl of applesauce. (Followed by another 4 or 5 ounce bottle about 45 minutes later, at bedtime!) My goodness, what a boy! He's only in the 10th percentile for his weight, but I think the boy's on a mission. Probably that mission is to out-weight his big brother within the next year, that way he can pay Caleb back for all the rough and tumble wrestling moves he's been unwittingly subjected to. Watch out, Caleb!


And, speaking of Caleb... We've been dealing with some grumpiness and bad attitudes lately. I know it's just a phase, because he really does have a wonderful, sweet spirit. For now I'm blaming it on the shortage of naps due to going to school 3 days each week. Anyways. I'm not sure what happened last week. He had been super grumpy and ill-mannered all morning long, as we did our normal routine of errands and other random things. When he woke up from his nap that afternoon, though, he had miraculously reverted back to his happy self. He was helpful and cooperative. He played well with Owen and was an absolute pleasure! It was amazing! When Zach got home, I made sure to make a very big deal about what a good boy he'd been all afternoon. Then, when I was walking down the hall to take Owen to bed, I heard him tell Zach in a very proud and cheerful voice, "Daddy, I left my bad attitude at Wal-Mart!"

Funny. Somehow I always manage to pick one up at Wal-Mart. But, if that's what it takes, I'd gladly take the boy to Wal-Mart more often! He's a good boy!

4 comments:

Chris and Jane said...

Hmm, sounds like Owen is eating like me! What a good baby.

Bryan said...

So THAT'S where you can get rid of a bad attitude. I think some days we might need a staff field trip there! Or maybe we will make it mandatory to go to Wal Mart before church volleyball games.

Sarah Taylor said...

Yep, Bryan, apparently you can get rid of them at Wal-Mart. I have to specify, though, that this was the EUBANK Wal-Mart. Remember, the dirty, crazy, over-crowded one? It's probably been ages since you've dared step foot in there. (Sometimes I think it might be pergatory!)

If such a miracle could occur there, though, I'd love to think of what could happen in Edgewood's swanky, spacious, oh-so-posh location. The possibilities are mind boggling!

Faerl Marie said...

Oh my goodness, that picture of Caleb reminds me of some actor from "back in the day", I can't think of his name though... somebody help me out!