Monday, December 17, 2007

The Finer Things...

...In Life. So, what are they?

  • Family and the intimacy we share.
  • Friends, and the support they give.
  • The healing power of God's grace.
  • Having a godly husband who isn't afraid to 'fall on his face' in worship.
  • Having a 3-year-old who has recently discovered the question: "why?"
  • Having a 3-month-old who can't seem to stop smiling.
  • New Mexico sunsets.
  • Hugs.
  • Clean, crisp country air.
  • Mexican food.
  • The thrill of new accomplishments, like learning the ABC's or rolling over.
  • Learning to appreciate who God made me to be.
  • Holding a child's hand.
  • A baby's laughter.
  • Quiet (or not so quiet) evenings at home, with family and friends.
  • Christmas lights.
  • Books that inspire.
  • Music that moves.
  • Knowing my purpose in life.
  • Thunderstorms.
  • Naps on Sunday afternoons.

That's my list for now. I'm sure I've missed quite a few things. I'm also sure that it'll change from day to day and from year to year. The most important thing I've realized in making this list is that the "finer things" are not necessarily things, but have more to do with relationships and opportunities and time well-spent. So, in the spirit of living life to its fullest, I am setting forth with new resolve - to make the most of each moment, to enjoy and appreciate the woman that God has made me to be and to indulge in all of The Finer Things In Life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Hooray for you! I think this is the best blog out there, because it shows true class and an appreciation for all the things that make our life beautiful and enjoyable. I could sit and watch the pictures all day, what a beautiful family with precious little boys! You are truly an inspiration and I intend to try to follow in your gracious steps and start taking time to think about the real "Finer Things" - not money or jewelry or nice cars or nice houses, but rather family, friends and love. I love you sister, you are amazing!

Anna

Faerl Marie said...

Sarah,
Sorry it has taken me so long to comment however, it was well worth the wait. Like Anna said, it is refreshing to be reminded of what our priorities should be and what the "finer things" truly are. I think that this is a great way to start your new year and for all of us to prepare our hearts for what god has in store instead of what we think He has or what we would like to have ourselves. I am exceedingly proud to be your friend and I miss you already!
Love,

Faerl Marie

Great headshot by the way!!